Saturday Sept. 22, 2018 - Week 3
Our first Fall Soccer games this fall.
Saturday Sept. 22, 2018 - BYS Night at the Revs
NE Revolution vs Chicago Fire | Tailgating 5:30 - 7:00 | Kickoff 7:30 | Free Parking at Gillette Stadium
For tickets contact ADAM RINGIUS email@example.com 781-267-1111
Fall Soccer Reminder: No Earrings
Parents - here is your annual reminder to avoid getting your player's ears pierced for the beginning of the school year. No earrings or jewelry of any kind may be worn (exception: jewelry expressing a medical condition). No, you may not tape over the earrings; they must be removed in order to play.
For safety reasons please wear only soccer shoes, or sneakers.
Per BYS Rule of Play / Section 2.4 Equipment:
- 2.4.8 ONLY soccer style footwear will be allowed during the games. “Soccer” footwear consists of soft toed footwear with rubber style cleats, indoor type soccer footwear or tennis shoes/sneakers. NO football, baseball (footwear that has a cleat in the middle of the front toe box area). NO METAL cleats will be allowed.
Parking at East Middle School
There will be a lot of challenges due to construction at East this year. We would like to thank everyone in advance for their help with all listed below:
- Please be courteous to our neighbors
- There is only one vehicular entrance to the East fields this season (gate next to the gymnasium) which means there is only one way to get an emergency vehicle onto the fields if necessary. Please respect the coned off areas in the East parking lot and make sure there is enough room for an emergency vehicle to get through. This is a major safety concern for the Town of Braintree and Braintree Youth Soccer.
- Police detail/patrol will be hired for the first 4 weeks of the season, violations will be handed out as they see fit
- Gates will be open at Marshall Street and Greenhouse Way – drop off area will be coned off
- Cones will line Marshall Street and Greenhouse Way at driveways to prevent encroachment
- Cones will also line the two islands at Greenhouse Way
- The Town of Braintree and Braintree Youth Soccer are asking that families carpool as much as possible. Overflow parking/park and ride option is Braintree Council on Aging, located at 71 Cleveland Avenue, Braintree. The town has given us the go ahead to park on Penniman Field if the lined spots are all taken.
- One option: park at the Braintree Council on Aging, stop by MaryL**'s and pick up an iced coffee, then enjoy a nice leisurely walk to the fields!
A few things to remember on Saturday:
- Only Coaches and Assistant Coaches who have completed their CORI certification are allowed on the sidelines with the players
- Please make sure all parents and spectators are on the opposite side of the field
- All players MUST wear shin guards or they are not allowed on the field of play
- Jewelry policy - NO PLAYER may wear jewelry during BYS games or practices. Even those earrings in pierced ears MUST BE removed - taping is not acceptable. Smart people with medical knowledge put this rule in place for US Soccer. BYS takes this recommendation seriously so please do your part to keep the jewelry off the fields.
The league is organized into boys and girls divisions by grade. This allows the players to be grouped with others of similar skill level and size, ensuring fairness of play. The divisions are
- B-K (Boys Kindergarten), G-K (Girls Kindergarten), B-1st Grade, G-1st Grade, B-2, G-2, B-3, G-3, B-4, G-4.
- Grades 5/6 and 7/8 are combined into B-5/6, G-5/6, B-7/8 and G-7/8.
The format for the Kindergarten and 1st Grade Divisions is Micro Soccer. This is played on a small field with only 4 players per side, allowing all players an opportunity to touch the ball as much as possible. Games are fast moving and free flowing.
The 2nd, 3rd and 4th Grade Divisions play on medium sized fields with small goals. At this level traditional soccer rules are applied, positional play becomes important and boundaries are enforced.
The 5/6 Grade Divisions and 7/8 Grade Divisions play on larger (5/6) and full-size (7/8) regulation fields. Some of these games even occur at night. This is the big leagues, with a draft, standings and play-offs.
Play begins on the first Saturday after Labor Day in September for all grades. The season ends at the end of October / beginning of November for Divisions K-4, and early- to mid-November for Divisions with play-offs.
All games are played on Saturday at either East Middle School or Thayer Academy South Athletic Complex. A few evening games are played at Braintree High School for players in 5/6 or 7/8 grade Divisions.
A coach will contact you in late August with information regarding your team and schedule.
Practices are scheduled at the coaches discretion.